- Use this page to discuss design and content changes to the main page. For general wiki discussion, please visit the Community Portal or Forums.
Anyone any suggestions to liven up the Main Page? I was thinking about a slider which first shows the image currently in place and after that some images that are linked to either the 3 seasons or some of the main characters.
- That's a fantastic idea :)
- We could use a custom background as well. I have the whole series so I can take decent quality screenshots. Any ideas? :)
I guess maybe the one in Ginger's Solo when Ginger imagines herself, Dodie and Macie in a band called "The Ponies". I've always liked that one. Any other screenshot would be fine, too. :) Supercollaborator (talk) 00:40, April 19, 2017 (UTC)Supercollaborator
Idk how familiar ya'll are with Wikia and its coding, so i'll just explain it in simple terms :D
There are two main ways we can handle the background:
- As one solid image that does or does not show a little in the main content space. Here is an example. The main content space is transparent enough to see the forest a bit, but not so much that it makes the content unreadable.
- We use the sides only. This is what most Wikis do. And most TV Wikis utilize the space to show off the characters. Examples here and here.
I'm going to browse through the show and see if there are any good shots that would make a good solid image, or moments I can pull from that would be good for a collage.
- There's a whole ton of theming and customization we can do, that I've never gotten around to (being the only person on a wiki is lonely lol)
- I'm going to try and make up some backgrounds and experiment with the theming too. I'll take some screenshots and we'll see what we like best. :)
- Sounds great! There are some official artworks out there of ATBG that are of good quality that could be used. RuneType (talk) 12:15, April 20, 2017 (UTC)