Hello Stranger is the seventh episode of the first season which was broadcast on December 10, 2000.
Ginger receives a 6th grade graduation card from her father and invites him to a poem reading she's doing at school. He never calls back, but she assumes he'll come and is crushed when he doesn't. Meanwhile, Lois accidentally drinks Carl's dehydrated snake potion that looked like lemonade and must stay in the hospital. Carl accompanies her when he's bitten by a monkey and starts acting like one, too.
- Dr. David Dave
- Mrs. Gordon
- Lois Foutley
- Ginger Foutley
- Brandon Higsby
- Darren Patterson
- Carl Foutley
- Macie Lightfoot
- Dodie Bishop
- Hoodsey Bishop
- Ms. Zorski
- Courtney Gripling
- Joann Bishop
- Mr. Patterson
- Mrs. Patterson
- Lonnie (in the audience)
- Mipsy Mipson (in the audience)
- Winston (cameo)
- Mr. Licorice
- Delivery Guy
- Jonas Foutley (voice only)
- Miranda Killgallen (in the audience)
Hello stranger, you came just in time
I look your face in a crowd or in line
Hello stranger, not a moment to soon
See that old picture is fading in the drawer of my room
Now toys have gone lost, baby teeth have come loose
There were accidents involving stitches, spilled juice
Report cards were shown and one time I got sick
but it's nothing I couldn't catch you up on real quick
Hello stranger, I saved you a place and it hardly seems strange
Now that I've seen your face.
Ginger: Friday of freedom from fish sticks; fried food. Friday of freedom; repair my foul mood.
Nurse: (asking about Carl) Do you think he's rabid? Lois: Not clinically.
Macie: (asking about Ginger's dad) He doesn't have a giant silver afro does he?
Courtney: (onstage and offscreen) And I use the edge of my brush to make the pattern that looks like the bark of a tree. See?
Dodie: Oh, I have got the permanent chills and I don't think they're ever gonna go away. Macie: I know someone you can see about that.
Ginger: Ok, but Ma? Lois: Yeah? Ginger: I just want to... I mean... thanks for the flowers. (last lines of the episode)
- This episode reveals that sunflowers are Ginger's favorite flower.
- This episode was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program (Less Than One Hour) in 2001. It ended up losing to The Simpsons.
- When Lois and Carl are watching TV in the hospital, Lois says "Would you just buy a vowel already?" It is implied they are watching the long running game show Wheel of Fortune.