About Face is the sixth episode (46th overall) of the third season which was broadcast on May 23, 2004.
The Meaning of Life Lesson
"If don't learn to accept yourself now, you may never learn to accept yourself at all."
- David Charles Bishop.
Dodie's mother gets a job as a substitute Home Economics teacher at Dodie's school. Dodie feels betrayed when her mother begins hanging out with Courtney and the "in" crowd and starts calling herself Josie. Dodie later finds out that it may be a result of Joann being crowned "Missed Popularity" when she was Dodie’s age. Meanwhile, Dr. Dave plans on proposing to Lois, but the engagement ring gets stuck on Carl's finger. Blake uses this and the photos he took of Parrot World to ruin his relationship with Noelle. Also, Dr. Dave's mother comes to town and she and Lois don't like each other. Later in the episode, Ginger, Courtney, Miranda and all of the other popular girls come over to Dodie’s house to tell her that they don’t like her mom and that she not cool. After they leave, Dodie confronts her mom that her dad showed her old Jr. High yearbook about how she wasn’t the most popular girl and got the nickname “Missed Popularity“. Dodie feels better about talking to her mom even though she turns back to her normal grouchy self. Back at Ginger’s house Lois isn’t getting along with Dr. Dave’s mother when Dr. Dave proposes to Lois she says yes much to his mother’s displeasure.
- Ginger Foutley
- Darren Patterson
- Carl Foutley
- Nurse Betty
- Courtney Gripling
- Macie Lightfoot
- Hoodsey Bishop
- Dodie Bishop
- Miranda Killgallen
- Lois Foutley
- Dave Bishop
- Mrs. Dave
- Mipsy Mipson
- Dr. Dave
- Noelle Sussman
- Joann Bishop
- Ian Richton (mentioned only)
- Blake Gripling
- Polly Shuster (photographs only)
- Hope Rogers
Carl: (responding to the Jeweler) Frankly, my fancy isn't all that ticklish to begin with.
"Josie" Bishop: Girlfriend, if that Ian Richton were any cuter, they're be a cover chart to watch him eat a burger in the cafeteria. Ok? Can I get a high five?
Courtney: It's like who does she think she is? She's attached herself to our crew and we find it a trait annoying. (girls murmuring) Mipsy: Very trait.
Dodie: What's everybody laughing about? "Josie" Bishop: HTBT. Dodie: HTBT? Miranda: As in "had to be there". And you weren't. Mipsy: Shame.
"Josie" Bishop: And that was dope.
- This episode teaches us to "be true to yourself".
- This episode shows us why Mrs. Bishop became the way she is in the present.
- We get to see a picture of a pre-teen Joann Bishop.
- The entire popular girls group make their appearance at the same time.
- The two popular girls at the end of Ginger's room share similarities with Lil and Kimi from Rugrats.
- Lois and Dr. Dave sing a song called "Diamonds Are Expensive" during the end credits which is the parody of James Bond movies opening sequences most notably Diamonds are Forever.
- Short running gag: Mipsy getting hit in the eye by accident when Courtney throws a pebble at Dodie's window.
- Lois' nurse stockings appear and disappear when she's talking to Dr. Dave about his mother coming over for dinner.